- Friday we lounged, went to dinner with Mimi, watched Arkansas Business play softball, and had an enjoyable evening with the Mulhearns and a 30 pack. ;)
- Saturday we SLEPT IN. I am happy to say I did not get out of bed until NOON! NOON o’clock people! Amazing. Then I got up and made us French toast and bacon… and watched cartoons. What is it that is SO wonderful about reverting back to childhood?
- Saturday evening we STAYED HOME. (I must capitalize these foreign concepts like sleeping in and staying home). We were going to see a movie but it was sold out so we did some more of the hanging and the outing in our semi-clean casa.
- Sunday we had a neighborhood block party… beer and kids and neighbors and volleyball. Mucho fun. My job was salad and I got some random recipe off the internet that was so easy and good that I am sharing it with you. It was delish. The only trouble I had with it was the mango… who knows how to cut one of those things? I slaughtered it so I kind of wound up squeezing the mango juice and some odd shaped mango pieces instead of peeled and cubed… very messy but no worries:
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 3/4 cup canola oil
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
· 8 cups mixed salad greens (i used 1/2 spinach and 1/2 field greens...came premixed)
· 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries *(note: often called Craisins in store!)
· 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
· 1 mango - peeled, seeded and cubed
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 1 cup slivered almonds
1. Place the sugar, oil, salt, and vinegar in a jar with a lid. Seal jar, and shake vigorously to mix.
2. In a large bowl, mix salad greens, sweetened dried cranberries, strawberries, mango, and onion. To serve, toss with dressing and sprinkle with almonds.
Boo. Hiss. Monday = back to work. Why does lunch time go so fast?