i am lost. in. conference. land.
today i had the following problems at my conference:
- My morning food order was short.
- My AV was HORRID and the speakers PowerPoint slides were ITTY BITTY.
- Everytime the conference center messed with the lights in the adjacent room it was like a freaking disco club in my room.
- The Peabody would not let me bring in the bottled water that was part of the sponsorship package for one our vendors. Instead, they charged $3.50 for the EXACT same bottle from the EXACT same company. That is $3.50 before taxes and gratuity. And let me tell you about tax and grat at the peabody - it's hefty!
- The adjacent room was host to a rotary club luncheon event that played the loudest and most annoyingly rotary-riffic music ever that carried thru the walls while the keynote speaker was speaking during our lunch. (not. good.) i mean how do you fix that??!?!? i can't just sound proof the walls on a dime and I certainly didn't schedule the other luncheon!
- My brown wedges = no longer conference shoes = swollen ankles.
- I got up at like 5, was at work at like 6 and got home at like 6 (p.m.). This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to do it all over again tomorrow... and Thursday.
I might die! But I am verrrrrrry excited about my Thursday seminar (it's at the Clinton Library!) and all and all things - though crazy - are actually going pretty well overall... sorry if you don't get quick email responses or phone calls from me!