the requisite cool kids pics! we had a low-key weekend - helped trevor and brooke celebrate his birthday at the oyster bar! (red beans and rice didn't miss me.) some additional hanging out happened w/ elizabeth and kristen (see our sea of brown picture).
this no tv thing is working out for me.
i reorganized my entire kitchen sunday.
things i learned:
1) we could survive for maybe a week - maybe - from the food from our pantry. if that.
2) we had some peanut butter. i scoffed at all the people FREAKING out about peanut butter. karl checked the lot # online. ours was recalled! and almost empty. oops. we threw it away.
3) we don't need one million bottles of seasonings (i used to work for a spice wholesale company in STL so i brought my stockpile of spices and seasoning with me to yee-haw arkansas. yea, three years ago. if i haven't used you in three years and you're all clumped up in little spicey balls, you go in the trash.)
4) i am going to cook more now that my kitchen is more functional (i didn't actually LEARN this so much as dare to hope it might be true).
5) we have a plethora of corning ware. plethora. corning ware. hehe.
6) we also have a plethora of koozies (or coolie cups as some of us might call them - what the hell is a koooozie?) from events we didn't know about and never attended.
my two shows were: grey's and the amazing race. not watching anything again till wednesday. i even went to the gym today and worked out (interval cardio scuplt for one hour thank you very much!) for the first time in a long time (real workout vs. walking the dogs). i just rejoined my old gym (yea DAC!!) and now they have TVs attached to every single tread mill and eliptical! hahaha. go figure. oh, well, i am there to go to class and get skinnY.